COVID-19 Community Update
To our cherished community,
The health and well-being of you, your family, our community, and our team will always be our greatest priority. We want you to know that we take this responsibility to heart, and are doing all we can to serve you in a way that honors the health and peace of mind of our customers and employees.
For now, we feel beyond fortunate that The Simple Folk has always operated under a fully remote work model, meaning the vast majority of our staff work from home (or anywhere with internet access they choose). This has allowed us to continue to function with more normalcy than most businesses, and has also allowed our team members to better adapt to the changing needs of their families. For that, we are ever grateful.
We’re still here and available to answer your questions or provide assistance, and as of now, we are so lucky to say that we’re also able to fulfill your orders. That said, we know many of you have written in to ask about our current COVID-19 plan/processes and shipping information. Below, you’ll find answers to your most frequently asked questions, along with some additional relevant resources. You can always revisit this page for our most recent updates, and we also invite you to subscribe to our email list (it’s at the bottom of this page), so we can stay in touch.
Thanks again for your endless support and encouragement. The way our community has lifted us up during a time when so many small shops are enduring hardship is a testament to how amazing each of you are.
In health and happiness,
Jamie, Abi, and The Simple Folk Team
Q: What are you doing to support customers concerned about COVID-19?
A: While we don't specialize in healthcare, one thing we know how to do really well is to make non-toxic, quality garments. We feel that the best way we can contribute to this situation is to utilize our skills and partner relationships to help offer our community sustainable masks they can use everyday. Our masks are made with the softest, 100% GOTS certified organic cotton, include a pocket for a PM 2.5 filter, and for every mask sold, we’ll donate one to women and children in need. You can find them here.
Q: What are you doing to ensure your fulfillment processes are safe?
A: Our supply chain operations quickly adopted and are adhering to all CDC and WHO recommendations. All employees who are able to work from home are doing so and for those employees needing to be physically in the offices, their employee work stations have been rearranged to meet social distancing requirements. These work spaces are also being continuously cleaned and disinfected throughout the day, and frequent handwashing has been implemented. Additionally, all employees physically reporting to work have their temperatures checked each morning before being permitted to enter the offices.
Q: Is your customer support team still available via emails, messages, and calls?
A: Yes! Our dedicated customer care team members work from home, and are available and happy to help you however they can. (Just please excuse us if you hear kids or pets playing in the background!) If you need any assistance, you can email them here or call (800) 803-6612.
Please enjoy the journal entries and resources below, which may be particularly relevant or helpful during these unprecedented days.
- Anchoring Down Into Our Daily Rhythms: Here we take a mindful look into how daily rituals, no matter how small, can help us create a gentle rhythm to our day and add a sense of certainty to a time when certainty is in short supply. Abi even shares exactly how she’s practicing this and what her family’s day and evening rhythms look like right now.
- How to Share Kindness and Care for Your Community During This Time: Community really is everything, and now more than ever we need each other not only to survive this troubling period, but to thrive and come out the other side better, wiser, stronger, and kinder. Here are some ideas of how you can pitch in to help the members of your community and share empathy and care.
- 7 Books That Will Transform The Way You Parent Forever: If you’re one of the millions of people who have a little extra time on your hands through this and are using it as an opportunity for self-care, personal growth, or snuggling in with a good book every night, Jamie has shared seven books that she absolutely loves and that truly transformed her views on parenting and the way she communicates with her children. If you’re looking for some new reads, this list is a beautiful place to start!
- 5 Conscious Choices for a Happier, Healthier Home: Although Jamie wrote this prior to the pandemic, the sentiment (and the ideas within) still ring true. Now that we’re all spending more time home than probably ever before, it’s a great time to reflect on how we can make our personal spaces even more of a sanctuary, where everyone within feels as safe, comfortable, relaxed, inspired, and joyous as possible.
- Free Homeschooling Lessons From Other Goose: If you have children between the ages of 2-7 and are looking for additional resources to inspire their learning and development, this curriculum is one of my favorite options. Other Goose was founded by Erin Loechner, bestselling author and the daughter of two public school teachers, after seeking a different way to educate her kids that offered an all-inclusive classroom that valued play, freedom, and structure. In response to the pandemic, Erin is generously opening up 3 weeks of her curriculum for free.
- CDC, Stay Informed: For additional information about the coronavirus and to stay up to date on the latest developments, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention at cdc.gov.